Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Toast for Tuesday

Tuesdays usually aren't particularly spectacular.
Until today.

My only class was cancelled...therefore, I did not have to get up at 7:00 am and drive all the way downtown to school. So naturally, I slept in until noon. Bliss.

Last week, a coworker randomly said "I'm taking your Tuesday shift." At first I was angry. Because...hello. You don't just steal people's shifts. Shifts=money. Money=need. But hey! Everyone can use a day off once in a while.

So here I was with the freedom to do whatever my heart desired. What did I choose to do?
Pretty much nothing.
I laid around the house eating blueberries and chocolate pudding, reading a book and catching up on some TV shows. I didn't even get dressed until just now. And I changed into a little boy flannel shirt and some yoga pants. Praise yoga pants! Maybe I should actually do some yoga. Maybe.

Sometimes when you spend every day doing lots of somethings, days when you just get to do nothing become an enormous blessing.
So here's to Tuesday, February 26th, 2013 for being a day in which I got to do nothing.

And now...I need to go fold laundry and get some homework done. Good things don't always last I guess.

But I did just get lovely letters from two of my favorite friends, and my mom just brought me some yogurt covered pretzels. So this day will still continue to be a blessing. Every day is a blessing!



No comments:

Post a Comment