^ Obviously I couldn't decide what to title this. I'm a very indecisive person.
Anyway. Here is a little note for my future husband (whomever he may be):
Dear Future Husband,
Oh hi. So I just wanted to let you know that my friend Betty Crocker and I made some brownies tonight. And...they didn't turn out very well. Betty and I aren't friends anymore. Truth is...I'm not a good cook/baker/creator of anything delicious. I can't even make brownies from a MIX turn out good. That's how bad this situation is. My mom keeps telling me I need to learn how to cook...and I'm like "I know how to cook! All you have to do is read the recipe and follow the instructions. I can read." But then when I actually try to cook it goes like this:
"Mom what does this mean??"
"Mom how do I do THAT?"
"Ew...mom this looks lumpy and gross."
"Mom..." "Mom...." "Mom..."
So I guess what I'm saying is that you're going to have to be very patient with me when it comes to food preparation. And you might have to eat some things that don't taste so amazing and pretend that they're good to make me feel better. But I'll try my hardest to learn. The good news is...I'm pro at making pasta (it'd be really sad if I messed up boiling water and pouring in some noodles). And instant chocolate pudding. And toast. And peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. So you won't starve!
Much love,
Your Future Wife Lolly
PS: I just found this lovely quote and it made me think of you:
I hope you understand the dustiest corners of my mixed-up soul (love the word choice). And I hope that I understand yours. Although your soul may not be as dusty and mixed-up as mine can be. But I hope you love my mixed-up soul. And my lack of cooking skills. ;)
The end.
Oh and here is something else that's lovely:
Well...I don't know if lovely is the word I would use to describe these guys. But their music is lovely. And it's lovely that I got tickets to go to their concert in Orem in May. Yessssss! Mhm mhm mhm. I am ridiculously excited. Ridiculously. Just so you know.



No comments:
Post a Comment