Sometimes you stand on your back deck in the rain...at midnight...for like 15 minutes...just turning your face upward and breathing. And you get soaking wet. And you're feet get cold. But it feels so good to just stand there. Just you and the darkness and the rain. And you realize that you're praying. Not really a prayer of words. More like a prayer of emotion. You're just saying: "Here's my heart. Here's what I'm feeling." You're saying: "I'm trying. I'm trying to be happy. But I need a little help. Please just help me to keep moving forward."
I remember Anne Shirley in Anne of Green Gables told Marilla that her idea of praying is going out into an open field all alone with her face turned towards heaven and just feeling a prayer. Love that.
Anyway. The lovely thing for this post is rain. Rain is lovely. And prayer. Prayer is lovely too.
No comments:
Post a Comment