I find myself wanting to post about food again...probably because my parents and I are in the middle of making an apple pie. One of my favorite things ever.
But instead I"m going to post about...motivation.
I found this lovely gem on Pinterest a few days ago. The "Quote" category on Pinterest is one of my favorite places.
Lately I've had a lot of thoughts like "I wish I was a runner, they have great legs," or "I wish I could paint," or "I wish I could cook," "I wish I wasn't so lazy." I wish, I wish, I wish.
And today I asked: "What's stopping me?"
The answer: "Me."
So there you have it. I have the power to do all these things I wish I "could" do, I have the power to become who I want to be. The only thing getting in my way is the fact that I sit around moping and wishing instead of getting up and doing.
I found this idea (also on...you guessed it...Pinterest) that I want to try because it makes sense. There's a theory that it takes 21 days to form a habit (a good habit, anyway. I'd say it takes a lot less time to form bad habits). So you make 21 little post-it note strips and you rip one off each time you...do whatever it is that you are trying to form a habit of doing.
I think I'll try it and see if it helps me form some of the good habits that I have been so badly needing to form.
There you have it.
Being motivated and productive always feels so lovely.


No comments:
Post a Comment